Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Jie Jie's 2nd anniversary

As i was MIA for a week from my blog. I'm back to blog about what happened last week.
There were a few eventful things for me last week.

Beginning with last Tuesday.. that's Jie Jie's 2nd death anniversary. So fast.. feels like it all just happened/ never happened. I still think she's gone overseas to Europe/China and will meet us at Changi Airport on her return.
I took the day off from work, starting from morning, went to buy her fav flowers, prepare a card, pinch at the food that mum cook, joked around with dad.Spend 1 - 2 minutes toking to sis in my heart.
We arrived at sis's place at 12:30..what surprised us was there was a guy standing in front was sis's place...Sis has lots of friends..the thing is most of them tend to be females, thus we were slightly surprised. When he turned and saw us, he was equally surprised. Oh okay, he is Jia hui a mate from Jie jie's secondary school. Jie jie used to describe him as very smart and very kind, looking at him, standing alone, visiting Jie Jie. I have no doubt. His appearance brought a little comfort to Mum, Dad and me. Maybe it's because it makes us feels not alone, makes us feels that apart from us, there is still somebody who misses my jie jie deeply as well.

Mum and Dad bought a fellow churchmate of theirs too. At 12:45 when Eloise, Piyo, Swap and one other fren of Swap came, mum's churchmate pass out sheets of songsheet and prayers... I was like ahhhhhhhhhhh...not again! anyway went ahead with it, cos I guesss it's simple respect for my mum and it's not something difficult. I was wrong, it was difficult. The song sang about people reaching out to GOD, asking GOD to listen to what is in their heart and help them out. Makes me think back to the time when Jie Jie was fighting cancer, when she prayed with all she had for another chance. Makes my heart wrench, and tears flowed.

After the prayer session we grouped around, ate bee hoon, chat about life, work and wawa ! Missed that lazy dog! Still feel alittle hateful about not being able to hang on to Jie jie's pet. Not being able to at least take care of her dog on behalf of her when she is not around. In the midst of thinking why mum was so cruel to not let me take over Jie jie's duties in bringing up wawa, I suddenly understand again that Wawa is not my duty handed down from Jie jie. The main point is my parents. When Sis passed away, I was upset, did not believe that GOD will ever help people. I was also determined to pick up the responsibility of taking care of my parents, both mentally and financially.

I have yet to do that.. Papa is already 60 year old(I swear he doesn't look a little like it at all), why is he still working ? Grrr..Also I still feel Mum is not mentally satisfied, not enough programmes/ activities for her to enjoy/ have fun. There you go. new goals developed !

1 comment:

Ken Albin said...

It really is hard to believe that it's been 2 years now since I ran across Jie Jie's blog and touching story. I was randomly going through my old blog posts today, pulled up my post about her site, went to the link, and found your post. How is wawa doing now? Maybe you or someone else could update Jie Jie's webpage with some photos and stories of her.
Take care and all the best to you and your family.