Friday, August 3, 2007

Donuts

During my last holiday in Jakarta, under the urging of Christ I became a donut critic ..Christ gathered donuts from Krispy Kremeeeeeeeeee, J.CO & Dunkin Donuts all on a table for me to sample and review them...Sad to say the Dunkin Donuts that I grew up with tasted the least delicious among the 3... 2nd place is Jakarta's own homegrown branding J.Co donuts(they've made it real big over there) and my personal favourite has gotta be KRISPY KREMEEEEE ...sweet and crispy on the outside..soft and melt in your mouth on the inside ...mmmm...Chris not too happy with the results..as he is a loyal fan of J.Co ..he practically raves about J.CO everyday at lunch ..hehehe


Anyway..I was groaning about why Singapore doesn't have any of this delicious yummy donuts? Afterall we are supposed to be the food heaven in the region..and when I return..I found out that we have..It's called Donut factory, opened by some Pakistanese...and the queue is astounding!!!!!! 3 hours is what I hear...GOD DAMN IT ..I'm not gonna queue 3 hours for some bloody donuts...Are this people mad?


Few days back I walked past the branch of Donut Factory in Suntec...the queue is scary at least 80 people in it...leads all the way from the shop to the toilet itself...till people have no place to stand..and some of the queuers there tell me that this is relatively short compared to the one in RafflesCity %$&^*&*( Grrrr....at the rate this goes, I will be unable to try these donuts...hmmphh)Thats when christ spot a 2nd que ..one that has only 8 persons in it...we quickly joined that que before asking around the reason for the short que...which is if u join this que, u can buy drinks and coffeee take a seat at their seating area and buy up to 2 donuts per person...They've got a LIMIT ! Those queuers at the long kill are thinking of at least 1-5 boxes...12 - 60 donuts each...thats why they rather stand and continue to wait ..the problem is christ is a donut freak and he wanted to eat 4 donuts while I wanted 2...so when it was time to place our orders..we pleaded with the waitress about our love for donuts and she kindly granted 1 more donut to us..a total of 5..alrite we r pathetic here..begging to buy donuts...lol


YUMMY !



Beaware ! He is a ice cream + donut + chocolate monster !

Mmmm..Donut Factory is yummy ! especially their double chocolate..white choc on the top of the crispy donut skin..soft donut bread and right in the centre of it is dark choc flowing out with every bite...Ahhhhhhhh I prefer krispy kremeee to donut factory..Christ still thinks J.Co serves the best donuts in the world but we both agree that in Singapore itself, Donut Factory has gotta be the tastiest !

However their serving system sucks...krispy kreme and J.Co both has the same amount of customers as Donut Factory, but their serving system as well as donut production is 5 times faster at least ...buck up on it Donut Factory ~

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wootz...same..
Krispy Kreme is my no.1 List.

Just had a box of donuts from Donut factory yesterday!
Frens went to que during office hr and it was quite "short" compared to normal already. They qued for a "Freaking" 1 hr.
Anyway, tompang them buy 1 dozen for me.. The double chocz is Awesome.. Feeling so fat...
Btw..pat...since i work in my office in Jan until now. I gain a grand total of 7kg...
*SCREAMS*

Anonymous said...

haha.. i queue for 3 hrs sia.. brought 24 donuts.. LOL.. its delicious.. tried almost all the diff flavours.. YuMmy... the cheese donut also not bad.. i agree wif u tt the double Choc is "UP Lah" lol.. dun eat too much ar.. will get fat de.. opS =X

patpat said...

u 2 ass ! eat so much I wanna eat too! I'm craving for them again !!!!!! Grrr..I gained 6 kg from march till now..God blast me