Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Getting into business?

Office workers in Singapore are considerably well paid (civil servants included), entry salary at $1800..after 2 years, may be about $2300..another 5 years of experience and you could easily be taking home $3000 income or even more. If combined with a working partner, both of you should be able to lead a comfortable life right ?

BUT..it's boring ! stability comes with hardwork..BUT so does stagnancy..even if u are senior manager and hmm 45 years old..still have to go to office everyday..of course, if you are able to enjoy what you do..you will be a happy person..

BUT..I just dun like to work the same amount of hours everyday..surely everyone wants to have control over their own time, me included. So I've always have the thought that I will go into business, as I've heard uncountable stories of how some people ONLY have the business thought but do not carry them out, I really don't want to join their club in this. So I try..at the age of 17(in year 2003), I joined with my best friend and her sister to start a t-shirt printing businesss...Result? NOT successful..and my whole poly year 1 classmates suffered with a piece of the product..but I'm sure they are good hearted about this..thou I still get ugly naggy reminders from Mr sun n Mr khoo about my failure from time to time ..after that, I was a bit depressed and my morale did go deep low..yet that did not kill the 'entrepreneur spirit' inside me ..in year 2006 I started a tution co-ordinating 'agency' ...abusiness that I didn't even bother to register. With the help of my buddies Sunny and Eric, the website is set up--http://www.dedicatedtutors.com/ ..From then till now, it has been in operation for close to a year..total number of deals co-ordinated by me = 26. Average I do 2 deals a month...and that damn small lah...reason ? I'm lazy..never advertise properly...But still it does provide me with a meagre 200 bucks of pocket $ each month. A few months back, I was toying with the idea of setting up a snack stall like so many others has done , but without a single encouragement or nod of approval from family and friends, I'm not brave enough to start..and I do forsee that I'm still not mature nor responsible enough to take on a 'project' of that capacity.

After loads of considerations of the types of businesses I can try..I've decided to embark on importing and distribution of infant clothings.I've contacted my suppliers from overseas..have received the samples..done a local market survey,(still lots more work to be done) before my plans can be launched. But I'm working fast at it..

I shall try to do a regular update on my new business attempt in this blog so as to remind myself not to give up halfway. And also hope to inspire friends/readers of this blog to explore more options of income..though I've not yet succeeded but I'm trying and I would be happy to rcv comments from people who share the same thinking.E.g How adeline and Mr Sun's car accessories selling is coming along.How adeline and Jy's PSP selling is coming along. Or even the things that other friends/readers do. that I'm not aware of.. Okok..basically I'm just kaypoh.

More updates on how my latest attempt at business will be posted...

2 comments:

adeline said...

hwha.. welll... its not bad. we're jus starting to intensive advertise over the net. help me put also lehs! www.foreverpsp.blogspot.com

hehe thanks..

yeahh.. well.. give me ur yahoo. email. u check that one more regularly rite. haah. we'll see wat we can do..

cheers for more $$!

Anonymous said...

a