Monday, June 4, 2007

Indonesia trip 5th day - Back to JKT

Woke up early ~






This is Christ's sis house in JKt. The house that I slept in 80% of my time in Indonesia...Its very spacious and beautifully decorated. Would love to own something like this..imagine calling it my home...ahhh..carries on dreaming.

By the way, I found out that most Indonesian family have a maid..and alot of them have more than 1 maid..Christ sis have 4 maids I think, not that I can tell each one apart from another..all look the same..When I first saw the maids, I was shocked...What a great invasion of privacy..why the hell does a person need 4 maids? Afterall most of the time the house only has 2 occupants -Christ's sis and his bro in law... But day by day I start to realise the usefulness of the maids..the whole house is kept speck and clean at all times..Any clothes that need to be washed iron fold..can be done the very minute u want it..Also they help out alittle in his sis business from time to time.

Shown below is the most popular vehicle used by Indonesian familes..It's the Toyota Kijang..u can practically see 1 zoom past u every 20 seconds..According to the locals, its cheap, saves on fuel and spacious.

Thats the personal driver..took a snap of him when he wasn't looking my way...God knows that In Singapore, which is where I come from..even millionaires hardly use a personal driver..but it is common for Toms Dicks and Harrys to hire personal drivers in Indonesia. Argggh

Rest of the day = lots more food + shopping with christ's family

No comments: