Saturday, April 28, 2007

Ben Dan's 3rd visit to my home

Ben dan invited my parents out for dinner together...hehe He is so brave! I say he's brave as he doesn't really have a language in common with my mum..Hehe ..He is a Chinese Indonesian born in central java..since young chinese language is banned there..The chinese living in Semarang & Jakarta never spoke chinese..only communicate in Bahasa Indonesian...OMG..for some of the luckier ones..they manage to learn english...My mum is chinese edu..thus cannot speak english... Mum grew up in malaysia thus she can understand some simple malay..but she lived in an all-chinese kampong in malaysia..ummm so her malay is quite limited as well..also it has been 40 years since her malaysia kampong days..so u can imagine..hehe


Hey I also faced problem communicating with his mum..but just a little..his mum spoke and learnt chinese till she was 7 years old..Since then it has been about 40+ yrs since she last spoke chinese..as she is also not english educated..we communicate thru the basic chinese that she remembered back from 40+ year ago...wow

The both of us laughed alot whenever we think about it...He speaks in Bahasa to my mum..I speak in chinese to his mum..but he cannot speak bahasa to me me..as I dun understand and I cant speak to him in mandarin lolol..Hmmm in september there will be a chance for our mums to meet...what would they communicate in ? Ohh..they can communicate in a mixture of malay + chinese...coool !

Anyway back to the dinner..Mum rejected ben dan's offer to go outside for a meal..instead she took some time to whip up a scarily delicious sumptouos dinner ...6 dishes for the 4 of us..Dot Dot dot..what a showofff Heehehhehe Ben Dans very impressed by the food.

He bought over 3 tubs of Ben & Jerrys ice cream...COOL I love them ...preserved fruits & some dried mushrooms..(ps: on his first visit he bought a 3 cans of abalone..the smartie ass)

Its natural for ben dan to buy gifts for my parents...But wats unnatural is...Dad came home from work with a carrier in his hands and he passed it to Ben Dan before he left...WTF he bought ben dan chocolates...I dun get..But I'm gonna finish them !

No comments: